[mapserver-dev] Mapserver thread safety

Andreas Albarello andreas.albarello at tol.bz.it
Wed Aug 14 00:39:38 PDT 2013

Umberto,

thank you. I think this should be ok, and I agree with Thomas' comment to the original pull request that OCI_THREADED should require USE_THREADS to be defined.

Unfortunately, I lost my MapServer build environment in a HDD crash two weeks ago and haven't yet had time to put everything together again, so I can't help with testing this right now. I will say though that I have been compiling MapServer with OCI_THREAEDED in maporaclespatial.c for some time now and haven't noticed any adverse effects. As I said, I did find though that some weird crashes in conjunction with an 11g client (10g clients did seem to be a lot more stable in this regard) went away which I think is a good thing and what prompted my response in the first place.

Regards,

Andreas

On 14.08.2013 09:07,umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com wrote:
> I have added OCI_THREADED to the flags passed to OciEnvCreate as per
> Andreas suggestion (and fixed a few compile warnings while at it).
>
> You can checkout the changes:
>
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/4729
>
> I'd like to merge this into master today, so I'd really appreciate it if
> someone could test it right away. I'll be on #mapserver if you need
> assistance.

Andreas Albarello
Analysis & SW Development

Territorium Online srl/GmbH