[mapserver-dev] C API

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Aug 26 12:58:10 PDT 2013

On 8/26/2013 3:41 PM, Nulik Nol wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to use mapscript inside a small C application, is there a C API
> for mapserver ? or any example I could see?

Nulik,

I did this a few years ago by cloning the mapserver CGI main() routine,
but there is no office stable C-API. The code is very dynamic and you
basically have to track changes in the C code.

If you wanted to go through the effort, I would recommend cloning the
Perl or Python SWIG interface and making one for C if the is even
possible. While the SWIG API changes occasionally it is a much more
stable interface and it is supported when new features are added to
mapserver.

I don't recommend doing what I did because it is a lot of work to track
all the changes happening in mapserver.

-Steve W