[mapserver-dev] Geometry operations may cause 'Unsupported GEOS geometry type' error

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:15:08 PST 2013

Hi Devs,

Certain geometry operations (like Intersection) may cause 'Unsupported GEOS
geometry type' error. This is because GEOS may return geometry collections
in some cases which is not supported when converting to shapeObj.

This is quite annoying for us, so I've suggested a workaround in the
following issue, which provides the lines from the sub-geometries into a
single shape.
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4591

Let me know if you have any objections to apply the fix.

Best regards,

Tamas