[mapserver-dev] MS RFC 90: Enable/Disable Layers in OGC Web Services by IP Lists - Call for Comments

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:54:20 PST 2013

2013/2/21 Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>

> BTW, I notice in your commit that you call msOWSLookupMetadata() twice in
> msOWSIpDisabled():
>

>   ip_list = msOWSLookupMetadata(metadata, namespaces, "allowed_ip_list");
>
>   if (!ip_list)
>     ip_list = msOWSLookupMetadata(metadata, "O", "allowed_ip_list");
>
> I'm not sure why you do this. FYI the idea behind msOWSLookupMetadata() is
> that all places that pass a "namespaces" arg should include the "O" as the
> last argument in the string... so your second call with the "O" is
> redundant unless I'm mistaken since the namespaces in the previous call
> should contain an "O" already.

Hi Daniel,

Since msOWSRequestIsEnabled and msOWSRequestLayersEnabled is called from
various places (mapogcsos.c, mapwcs.c, mapwfs.c, mapwms.c) the passed
argument (namespaces) doesn't necessarily contain the "O" setting. This is
similar how msOWSRequestIsEnabled and msOWSRequestLayersEnabled already
contains this additional metadata lookup.

Best regards,

Tamas