[mapserver-dev] Call for vote on RFC 100

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jul 5 07:01:58 PDT 2013

> On 13-07-04 1:59 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
>> Hi PSC,
>>
>> If there are not any additional comments, I'd like to call for a vote
>> on RFC
>> 100 ( http://mapserver.org/en/development/rfc/ms-rfc-100.html ), which
>> adds
>> support for tile index with mixed SRS in raster layers.

+1

I feel this is very needed.   Power users often let me know about this
SRS issue for large mapping areas. Another issue I hear constantly from
these same power users is the problem of opening up too many files in
these tile indexes (subsequently bogging down MapServer).  Keep that
issue on the backburner, for a 'rainy day'.

-jeff