[mapserver-dev] GSoC UTFGrid Project

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 02:50:20 PDT 2013

Hi Francois, welcome to the team!

Here are a few comments regarding the code you have published in your branch:

- Why are you adding a UTFGRID entry to MS_LAYER_TYPES? Layer types
should not need to be extended as utgfgrid is an outputformat that
should apply to existing layers.

- Using aggFakeOutput  inside your UTFGridRenderer does not seem like
the way to go. I believe you should be creating a full-fledged
outputformat with its own rendererVtable

- why the WITH_AGG_ALIASED option to cmake? You'll need a specific agg
renderer for utfgrid support (which you are correct will need to be
aliased). The only cmake option I would see would be to eventually be
able to disable utfgrid support completely (and given that there
should be no dependencies, I'm not sure that is needed).

- you must not export a "rasterbuffer" and add code to mapimageio.c
for saving as json. Implement your own saving functions inside the
utfgrid renderervtable. (c.f. the vector vtables in mapcairo.c), and
publicize you do not support a rasterbuffer.

- you should not be messing with map->cellsize, scale, width, height,
etc... inside mapdraw.c. Your utfRes adjustments should be private to
the utfrenderer.

cheers,
thomas