[mapserver-dev] GSoC UTFGrid Project

Francois Desjarlais fdesjarlais1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 12:36:22 PDT 2013

Hi everybody!
Like Daniel said I'm François Desjarlais, 3rd year computer engineering
student. I just wanted to add a little something to what Daniel wrote.
Instead of mapbox example, you can look at my own example on
http://msgsoc.mapgears.com/projet_utfgrid/testhtmlmapserver.html. It's a
bit buggy right now but as summer will go on it will get better.

Also, I have a question. Daniel told me that Steve Lime could answer:

Steve,
What is UTFITEM function? I read the RFC-93 multiple times and I can't
figure what it does. It's doing the same thing as UTFDATA because datas are
linked with shapes. And if you don't need certain datas you just remove
them from UTFDATA instead of adding syntax with UTFITEM.

Thanks!
Francois