[mapserver-dev] GSoC project: UTFGrid output support in MapServer

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Jul 5 11:26:46 PDT 2013

I got a question off-list asking what UTFGrid is about, here are more
info for those not familiar with UTFGrid yet:

UTFGrid is way to encode feature attribute information to add
interactivity in a tiled map environment (e.g. using mouse-over to
display tooltips with attribute info on top of tiles). It was initially
developed by MapBox devs for use with TileMIll and MBTiles.

Since a demo is worth a thousand words, see:

http://www.mapbox.com/demo/visiblemap/

and for all the details, see the spec at:

https://github.com/mapbox/utfgrid-spec

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette