[mapserver-dev] GSoC UTFGrid Project

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jul 8 12:18:11 PDT 2013

On 13-07-08 2:50 PM, thomas bonfort wrote:
> Daniel,
> The code in mapagg.cpp is templated, and as you need to use a
> specialized path_adaptor (to account for the utfres scaling), a
> specialized rasterizer, a specialized renderer, etc... you only ending
> up having a big if(antialiased) { actual code } else { new code } in
> each function.
> As for the "second class" I would not worry about that. As I said
> adding more functionality inside the utf renderer will be easy if
> needed. Imo there are a number of other issues outside of the agg utf
> renderer that need to be tackled before worrying about these details.

Hi Thomas,

I am starting to slowly see some of the potential issues related to
trying to have full support for all rendering features (alignment of
dash lines between the AGG hi-res and the UTFGrid low-res versions comes
to mind for instance).

Anyway, I'm starting to settle on the idea of a simpler implementation.
And as you write there is still a good amount of work left to be done
apart from the rendering itself. We'll be discussin this in the code
review with François tomorrow. If you'd like to join let us know and we
can arrange something.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/