[mapserver-dev] Layer names in OGR connection strings (undocumented feature causing problems)

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 5 05:22:36 PST 2013

On 13-03-04 9:13 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I have never used either of these, which I probably why I am unaware of
> it, but the original implementation seems very hackish at best. Maybe
> implementing something more formal like:
>
> PROCESSING TABLES=tab1,tab2,...

No need for a new PROCESSING directive, the documented way to connect to
OGR data sources is to use:

LAYER
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "<datasource_name>"
    DATA "<layer_definition>"
END

http://mapserver.org/input/vector/ogr.html#using-ogr-data-sources-in-the-map-file

The question is really whether we should keep the undocumented shortcut
(CONNECTION "<datasource_name>,<layer_definition>") which was likely
introduced to support TILEINDEX on OGR data sources.

Maybe Frank can comment if he reads this.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/