[mapserver-dev] Testing infrastructure?

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 01:19:19 PST 2013

On 7 March 2013 06:46, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:
> Hi Mapserver Devs,
>
> I am working on making changes to pgRouting and one of the things we need to
> put in place is some testing infrastructure.
>
> Looking for some Doc on this I found:
>
> http://mapserver.org/development/tests/autotest.html
>
> this seems to be dated because it is talking about svn and not git. Is it
> still valid?
mostly yes. we also have a wiki page for the setup of the reference
platform here: https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/Test-Suite
. Note however that our strict requirements on the testing platform
can probably be relaxed for pgrouting (The output of the image
generating tests varies subtly depending on platforms architecture,
compiler versions, compiler flags, etc... The output of text/xml
generating tests may vary depending on what features are configured)

> I thought Thomas set up a build bot that built and tested on multiple
> systems, but I'm drawing a blank on that. Can you point me to some links for
> how to do that. Also is it possible to get the build bot to do windows
> builds using MinGW/MSYS, if you know?
I'll let Tamas comment on the windows part.
For linux, the testsuite could be run on travis-ci (you can find the
configuration for it in the .travis.yaml file in our repo). We/I
switched to using a self hosted jenkins instance as the travis service
tended to be a bit more unreliable (false positives generated by the
travis infrastructure rather than our own code) and slower (as the
system dependencies need to be re-installed for each run. travis runs:
~4min30sec; jenkins:~1min30sec)

regards,
thomas