[mapserver-dev] Issue with CMAKE plugin build

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 09:26:34 PDT 2013

I wanted to build mapserver with oraclespatial support to compile
oraclespatial as a plugin, but that doesn't seem to work.

Actually when setting WITH_ORACLE_PLUGIN=1, I also require to set
 WITH_ORACLESPATIAL=1 which causes that oracle is being built in mapserver
directly. However, I don't want to build oracle in mapserver directly, just
compile the oracle plugin (dll).

IMHO we should be able to set the combination: WITH_ORACLESPATIAL=0 and
WITH_ORACLE_PLUGIN=1. In this case we should get an additional module
generated by cmake to compile the oracle plugin separately.

The same should apply to the SDE and MSSQL plugins too.

Best regards,

Tamas