[mapserver-dev] Request for review/comments on RFC 85 (Contour Layer Rendering)

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Mar 26 11:55:39 PDT 2013

Hmmm.   How about:
      - All other layers are to be ignored (rendered normally)
     - generate (but don't yet render) the contour lines
     - generate the labels (consider the labelcache?) using the contour
lines, compute the label bounding boxes
     - clip the contour lines to the bounding boxes, render the
remaining line segments
     - render the labels

I've attached a snap from an NRCan CanTopo...

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser