[mapserver-dev] Problems with getMap request and mapCache

Nash, Edward E.Nash at dvz-mv.de
Mon May 13 01:35:55 PDT 2013

Maybe the other way round? I had a look in WMS1.1.1 and WMS1.3.0, and it does appear that service=WMS is only required for the GetCapabilities operation: SERVICE is not listed either under the common request parameters or the GetMap-specific parameters (and the example requests don’t include it).

Obviously the majority of clients send the service parameter with every request, even though it isn’t required, otherwise this would have been spotted before.

Regards,

Ed