[mapserver-dev] MapCache changes to support MSVC and IIS

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 14:53:41 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm about to include MapCache to the regular builds of
http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/ and add MapCache to the provided MapServer
Windows (msi) installer as well.

This effort entails to apply a couple of fixes in MapCache to support
building the code with MSVC and running the application in IIS server.

I've submitted/updated the following issues which should be sorted out in
order to achieve the expected result:

MSVC10 compile failure <https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/issues/75>
CGI response is being truncated in IIS
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/issues/109>
HTTPS is not correctly identified in CGI mapcache
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/issues/106>
zlib is not added to the linker when png lib is used
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/issues/111>
Add cmake check for timegm
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/issues/112>
Missing dll exports in mapcache lib (MSVC)
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/issues/110>
Support for default configuration location
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/issues/108>PATH_INFO is not
correctly handled with IIS + CGI mapcache
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/issues/107>

While I volunteer to fix these issues by myself, it would be great if
someone could review the suggested solutions. Even more so because I want
to apply these changes to the stable branch too.

Best regards,

Tamas