[mapserver-dev] Hiding large number of errors in msSetError

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 06:44:02 PDT 2014

Hi Devs,

There are certain locations in MapServer were a large number of error can
be raised subsequently, which might be annoying if the error is getting
displayed to the end user (in a message box for example).

One example for this issue is in msProjectPoint (mapproject.c line 118)
which may be raised many times for a polygon or a line string. In the
meantime I see that the referred line has been commented out in the master
branch, but I don't think if it would be the reasonable solution for this
problem, since that error may contain important information for the user.

How about modifying msSetError to ignore the error if it has already been
issued previously?

Thanks,

Tamas