[mapserver-dev] missing files using built-in OpenLayers template

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Jun 15 15:32:18 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I have hit a wall, and I am hoping someone can confirm my suspicions.

When using the built-in OpenLayers template
(http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-63.html), I believe there
are some missing "img" and "theme" folders on the server where the
OpenLayers-ms60.js file lives: http://mapserver.org/lib/

If I test the CGI with MODE=browse&TEMPLATE=openlayers, my map will
always appear, I can zoom/pan, but the OpenLayers control images (zoom,
pan) are broken.  Firebug is looking for them at something like
127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/img/north-mini.png and
127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/theme/default/style.css

Looking at http://mapserver.org/lib/ I see that the OL file was modified
on April 15th...I wonder if this has to do with the server changes, and
possibly those img/style folders were not moved?

Or put another way: can anyone else see the zoom/pan images now when
trying mode=browse&template=openlayers ??

Thanks all!

-jeff

PS. it would be odd if I am the first person to notice this in 2 months!!!