[mapserver-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: MOTION: Run script to close tickets more than one year without activity

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Mar 24 15:14:56 PDT 2014

Hi,

There seems to be 21 pages of open tickets. More than one year old issues seem to start from page 3
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues?page=3&state=open
Everything starting from page 5 they are at least two years old and they are imported from the Trac by mapserver-bot.
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues?page=5&state=open
How about to close the imported trac issues now and follow the situation with the remaining issues for half a year or so? The issues which are created in the trac are unlikely to receive activity from the creators because they may not even have Github accounts and it would require quite a lot of interest to show activity in Github.

Somehow I feel that great deal of the problem is that ticket handling routine went broken on the developer side when it was moved from Trac into Github. Developers have fixed whole lot of issues which have never been closed. There are lots of cases like this https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4017
Perhaps the routine works now again with the issues which have been living in Github all the time.

-Jukka Rahkonen-