[mapserver-dev] [gdal-dev] New env. var. to make it easier to test/debug web services

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Oct 2 13:47:08 PDT 2014

> So does this change the default message from like:
>
> http://example.com/cgi-bin/mapserv
> No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.

No, it is in a different code path.

> I think this should be kept the same and that the above message only get
> displayed if it is run from the commandline. Which begs the question
> what happens if it is called from a shell wrapper script?

If REQUEST_METHOD=GET is defined but QUERY_STRING not, then you have the "No
query information to decode. QUERY_STRING not set." message with Content-
Type=text/html header.

If REQUEST_METHOD=GET is not defined, then you have
    "This script can only be used to decode form results and
    should be initiated as a CGI process via a httpd server.
    For other options please try using the --help switch."
and no HTTP header.

I just added the last line. If it causes more trouble than anything, I can
remove it...

http://www.spatialys.com