[mapserver-dev] MS 7.0 and WFS with MSSQL backend broken

geographika geographika at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 01:43:31 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I have updated my system to using MS7 (with a dev build from
gisinternals.com).

WMS layers are all working fine but all WFS layers are broken. Any
GetFeature request returns the following:

     Query error. msMSSQL2008LayerGetItems: tried to find the geometry
column in the results from the database, but couldnt find it.  Is it
miss-capitialized? 'GEOM'

My layer configurations have not changed (and work fine in 6.4), and
looking at SQL Profiler the initial query to get the column names runs
successfully and returns a GEOM field.
I've looked at changes to
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/blob/branch-7-0/mapmssql2008.c
and can't see what would have changed to cause this error.

There appears to be nothing related to this in the
http://mapserver.org/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html

Does anyone have any idea what may have changed, or if the DATA clauses
need modifying for MS7?
If not I will try and debug further.

Regards,

Seth