[mapserver-dev] Resolution dependent issues

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 05:18:27 PST 2015

Tamas,
I think we should be doing something similar to what we do for normal
map draws, i.e. if you pass a request for dpi=72&width=50&height=50
you should get a visually very similar image to what you get with
dpi=144&width=100&height=100 once that second image has been rescaled
down by 50%.
My issue with #5035 is that you're returning an image that has a
different size than what the width=..&height=... url parameters
requested. I do think that the scalebar sizes, margins, keysize,
keyspacing, etc... should be adjusted automatically (i.e. the tests
that fail in #5035 will still fail until the autotests are updated to
remove the "map.legend=keysize+40+40" CGI commands, as that would be
done automatically)

thanks for looking into this.

regards,
thomas