[mapserver-dev] mapscript c# Memory access AccessViolationException

sabu varghese sabuvk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 08:06:31 PDT 2015

Hi,
    we have been using Mapserver ( mapsciptc#)  for creating dynamic maps
in our asp.net website for the last 5 years.we have used the 32 bit windows
server 2008 and .net framework 2.0 ,  it was working fine without any issue
. But recently we have changed our server to 64 bit machine (*Windows
Server 2008 , 64 bit*) and the website now running in .*net 4.0 version*,except
mapserver everything is  working. I am getting the error as follows when
trying to load map,

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication
that other memory is corrupt.

AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This
is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.]
   OSGeo.MapServer.mapscriptPINVOKE.mapObj_drawQuery(HandleRef jarg1) +0
   OSGeo.MapServer.mapObj.drawQuery() +17
   Utility.RefreshImage(ImageButton imgMap)....."

I have updated mapscript C# files to the latest version available in the
site (MS4W 3.0.6) , and copied other dll files available in 'cgi-bin' to
website's Bin folder. Modified .map file and symbolset files to work with
the new version.

we are using mapinfo application to create maps and imported  as .TAB
files(also.ID,.DAT,.MAP)  and using in the mapserver  application
(CONNECTIONTYPE OGR).

Attached the .map file and symbolset file for your reference

Can anyone help me to solve this issue.

Thanking you ,
Sam