[mapserver-dev] Configuring TinyOWS x1.1.1

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jul 29 10:13:34 PDT 2015

Hi Olivier,

On 2015-07-29 1:33 PM, Oliver Courtin wrote:
> Le 28 juil. 2015 à 21:24, Jeff McKenna a écrit :
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
>>  <ows:ExceptionText>XML request isn't valid</ows:ExceptionText>
>
> What happen if you set the 'check_schema' option to 0 ?
> (in tinyows config file)

You are correct, it works with: check_schema="0"

Ah-ha!  It is the schema...

>> - Could it be the schema dir?  Where should that be set to, if so?
>
> In command line, launch a tinyows.exe -h,
> there's a line in the output related to "Schema dir" path

I was asking this because, the unix path in my "tinyows --check"
response (in my initial email) stated a non-existent path:
/usr/local/share/tinyows/schema/

I was wondering what should the actual path be.

Hmm.

On a hunch (now that it is confirmed that the issue is the schema), I
looked at the tinyows source, and there is a /schema/ folder there,
so.......I copied that folder into c:/ms4w/apps/tinyows/, set
check_schema="1" and schema_dir="/ms4w/apps/tinyows/schema"  eh
voila!!!!!!!  Fixed!

Will package this demo with the schema for MS4W users.

Thanks for your help Olivier! :)

-jeff