[mapserver-dev] ScribeUI on Google Summer of Code 2015

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 24 17:43:56 PDT 2015

Welcome to the list Samuel. I see that you submitted your detailed
proposal in the GSoC portal and added a suggestion/comment in the portal.

Steve's got some interesting suggestions, we could think of some kind of
mini-templates shortcuts for this kind of rendering features that can
easily be pasted into a layer definition. You could keep those ideas on
the wishlist in case there is time left at the end of the summer.

For the record, I am willing to mentor/co-mentor Samuel's project, I
have met him and would be able to mentor him face to face over the
summer which would help ensure a positive outcome of the project.

Daniel

On 2015-03-24 1:41 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> Hi Samuel – Welcome! I’m not a regular ScribeUI user (yet) so hard for
> me to get super specific. You might also want to ping the
> MapServer-Users mailing list for ideas. One thing I have wondered about
> is being able to somehow provide a user shortcuts or wizards for more
> complex (or tedious) configurations. Things like:
>
> ·hollow roads or
>
> ·anything labels
>
> For 7.0, Thomas added some great support Layer Compositing  (RFC 113)
> but I wonder if some common effects could somehow be made easier to
> implement or maybe just visualize via ScribeUI.
>
> Steve

Daniel Morissette
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201
http://www.mapgears.com/