[mapserver-dev] MOTION: Request to change default value of label->partials in next release

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Sun Nov 22 04:48:40 PST 2015

+1 for setting LABEL->PARTIALS to false by default.

On the other hand, we might pay a bit more attention to SLD support. This issue arose from the mapserver-users mail where a user was hoping to change the LABEL PARTIALS setting with SLD. This option is not a part of the SLD standard and in such case the GeoServer project is introducing their own extensions to SLD.

What I fear is that we may have some styling options which are not exposed to SLD and if user does a round trip with GetStyles - change something that certainly is part of SLD like fill color - tell Mapserver to use the modified SLD then the result can be that it is not only the color that was changed.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Jeff McKenna wrote:

>> Motion: For MapServer 7.2, set LABEL->PARTIALS to false by default
>> instead of true, with a note added about this in the migration guide.

+1

-jeff