[mapserver-dev] php-mapscript missing from Ubuntu 16.04 beta?

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 4 12:07:58 PDT 2016

Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about but isn't php5 still on
Ubuntu 16.04.

When I setup this new test vm, I installed php5 and php5-pgsql. phpinfo
shows version 5.6.17.

Would not php5-mapscript work with this? Will php5 not be in the actual
release?

I see packages labeled php7.0.  Are these the php7 you are talking
about?  I did not install that as I did not know there was the option.

I'm confused by all this and will not be able to upgrade my servers if
php-mapscript is not available.

Thanks,
*Worth Lutz*