[mapserver-dev] php-mapscript missing from Ubuntu 16.04 beta?

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Apr 5 10:20:17 PDT 2016

I  was wondering if this might be an excuse to move away from the hand-rolled PHP/MapScript to Swig. It seems Swig is not yet supporting PHP7 either, although it seems like they are working it. If the PHP7 internals are really that different then we're looking at a new MapScript module anyway. I'd think trying to maintain both versions with that older codebase would be challenging to say the least. Thoughts?

Steve