[mapserver-dev] Call for discussion on MS RFC 114: Faster retrieval of shape count

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Feb 8 11:00:55 PST 2016

Le lundi 08 février 2016 19:48:33, Jeff McKenna a écrit :
> On 2016-02-08 6:58 AM, Even Rouault wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Your comments on the following RFC are welcome :
> > http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-114.html
> >
> > Even
>
> Hi Even,
>
> Looks like a nice speed improvement.  My only comment is in the
> documentation (and also in this RFC document) add a note to refer to the
> spec reference "WFS TAG Name: resultType (WFS 2.0, sect. 7.6.3.6)"
>
> I think it's important to refer to that, to let those users do some
> background reading to understand this (like I did just now).

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the comment.

I was wondering what the "WFS TAG Name" meant here and see it is actually used
in http://mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html. But in the instances where it is
used, for example "WFS TAG Name: Abstract (WFS 1.0.0, sect. 12.3.3)", I think
it means that the metadata is used to fill the value of the <Abstract> tag in
the GetCapabilities response. Here for resultType which is a request
parameter, I don't think it makes sense to use this prefix, so perhaps just
pointing to  "resultType parameter (WFS 2.0, sect. 7.6.3.6)" ?

Even

http://www.spatialys.com