[mapserver-dev] Releases ahead of Bonn?

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 08:53:20 PDT 2016

I was thinking the same...

On 28 June 2016 at 17:08, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) <Steve.Lime at state.mn.us> wrote:
> Wondering if we might/should consider releases ahead of Bonn. Perhaps a
> 7.0.2 and at least a 7.2 roadmap in place? A 7.2 release could shoot for:
>

> ·         Vector tiles – Thomas has a branch with much of the functionality
> using WFS. I’ve been thinking that using WMS might be better.
WMS would require some non-trivial changes in our WMS workflow. It
would be a better suited interface client-wise however. I currently
have no plans on working on this without funding however.

> ·         MapScript – PHP 7 and Python 3 support. There’s a pull request
> (https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5290) out there for Python 3.
I haven't heard of anything being done on the PHP 7 front. A 7.2
release for Bonn would therefore very probably not support php 7.

> ·         AGG/Mixed output -
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5296

We also have RFC 112 for better placement of curved labels, and RFC
113 that has been extended to support compositing filters (blurring,
offsets, ...)

--
Thomas