[mapserver-dev] Perl map script bug [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Anuruddha Abhayasinghe A.Abhayasinghe at bom.gov.au
Tue Sep 13 00:35:46 PDT 2016

Hi

We use perl map script to compile our map part files in to a single map file ( without includes) before we move them in to production.
Following is how we use the perl  map script to compile map parts file ( with many includes) in to a single map file,

                #!/usr/bin/perl
use mapscript;
$map = new mapscript::mapObj('wms_parts.map');
$map->save('wms.map');

We found a problem in this process. When we use "PERCENTAGES" in our map part files the complied map file contain the word "PERCENTATGES" instead of "PERCENTAGES" ( note the additional T).

We did a quick scan on the code base and found the following statement in "mapfile.c" which is causing this behaviour,

writeKeyword(stream, indent, "UNITS", layer->units, 9, MS_INCHES, "INCHES", MS_FEET ,"FEET", MS_MILES, "MILES", MS_METERS, "METERS", MS_KILOMETERS, "KILOMETERS", MS_NAUTICALMILES, "NAUTICALMILES", MS_DD, "DD", MS_PIXELS, "PIXELS", MS_PERCENTAGES, "PERCENTATGES");

Is this something which can be fixed?

Regards
Anuruddha Abhayasinghe
Geospatial Data and Services
Delivery Section / Build Branch
Bureau of Meteorology
GPO Box 1289 Melbourne VIC 3001
Level 6, 700 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Tel: +61 3 9669 4589 | aabhayas at bom.gov.au<mailto:aabhayas at bom.gov.au>
www.bom.gov.au<http://www.bom.gov.au/>