[mapserver-dev] Make wms layer groups requestable

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Dec 20 04:56:51 PST 2017

Hi,

There is a real need to make it possible to advertise group layers which have a name as <Layer queryable="1">. There are many clients which do not enable GetFeatureInfo tool otherwise.

There may be some corner cases when it would be nice to have also a possibility to have groups with title but no name as so called “containing categories”. But I consider that loosing containing categories is a little loss compared to a win that comes with queryable layer groups.

-Jukka Rahkonen-