[mapserver-dev] Removing the old Trac instance

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Feb 10 11:03:14 PST 2017

-0

Since there is already strong support to remove it I won't object, but I
think maintaining history is important for a long term project.

While I understand that most tickets and important docs have been
migrated, we may find in a few years that an important piece of info was
overlooked and lost. Could we perhaps ask SAC to provide an archive of
the site and of the DB that we could post somewhere on the download site
or elsewhere just in case we ever need it?

Daniel

On 2017-02-10 9:03 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The OSGeo admin (Sandro, aka "strk") is doing a lot of cleaning of OSGeo
> infrastructure lately, including shutting down/removing any unused Trac
> instances (and old unused ones are causing him grief).
>
> I motion that we give the approval to remove the old MapServer Trac
> instance.
>
> I have done my best to move important old wiki pages[1] onto the Github
> wiki[2].  Did I get each and every page?  Probably not.  But I doubt
> anyone else would be taking the time that I did, so, let's just remove
> the old instance.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> I'm starting the vote with my +1
>
> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki#MapServerWikiPages