[mapserver-dev] Skip failures when drawing a map

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Feb 21 12:40:26 PST 2017

We used to have a compile time option (oddly enough) to skip missing data errors and keep processing. So yes, I think it’s reasonable.

I assume failing is generally an issue with msLayerOpen() although other errors (e.g. missing columns, etc…) can happen too.  At first glance I’d think this would be a layer level configuration (perhaps a processing directive) since you’d likely be tolerant of stuff breaking in some cases but not others.

Steve