[mapserver-dev] [mapserver-users] Label position not as expected version 7.0.x

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 04:22:25 PST 2017

correct. the position of "center of the text" varies depending on whether
your glyphs have ascenders and/or descenders, and thus produces
inconsistent centering between "aaa", "ppp" or "bbbb".
This can be easily reverted by commenting out the two special cases for CR
and CL at
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/blob/rel-7-0-3/maplabel.c#L989 .
replace with
y1 = (h/2.0) + oy;