[mapserver-dev] Vector Tileindexes - do they need to be shapefiles

Michael Smith michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 10:12:45 PDT 2017

Devs,

Currently raster tile indexes support multiple source types, ogr, db
connections, etc. I just tried to do this with a vector tileindex and got
that it has to be a shapefile. I see this in the code:

    if(tlp->connectiontype != MS_SHAPEFILE) {
      msSetError(MS_SHPERR, "Tileindex layer must be a shapefile.",
"msTiledSHPOpenFile()");
      return(MS_FAILURE);
    }

Do vector tileindexes only support shapefiles or is this just an old check
that¹s never been removed?

Mike

--
Michael Smith