[mapserver-dev] MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Sep 20 13:17:52 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I declare this motion passed with +1 from TomK, SteveL, JukkaR, SteveW,
MichaelS, StephanM, JeffM and DanielM.

I updated the RFC to reflect the vote results and also indicate a
limitation that was found in testing: since this uses the QUERYMAP
mechanism for rendering, the OPACITY, COMPOSITE and MASK layer options
are not supported in filtered layers because msDrawQueryMap() doesn't
implement them. (Fixing this QueryMap limitation is out of scope for
this RFC)

The code has been tested for a little while in a few apps and is ready
to merge into master for 7.2 in the following pull request:

https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5480

Unfortunately the Travis builds are broken at the moment, so I wonder if
I should merge into master anyway, or wait for Travis to be fixed. Any
opinions on this?

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette