[mapserver-dev] Scale computations for non-square pixels...

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Jul 24 08:57:12 PDT 2018

All,

I think I would lean towards the larger cellsize.  The diagonal approach seems like it might introduce some rounding problems too easily.

Now, one thing to think about here, are those odd-duck users (like myself) who actually do request tall/skinny and low/wide images on purpose for custom map assembly purposes.  I’ve done so for building custom map collars and non-square gridding (profiles with different scales) for example.  There may also be a need to override (if not already an option) such a setting so as to still get the zoomed-in features to be drawn in these stretched images.

bobb