[mapserver-dev] 7.2 release... and a question...

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Jun 25 07:52:56 PDT 2018

On lundi 25 juin 2018 14:34:54 CEST Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> While PHP support for 7.2 was omitted  because of confusion on RFC status,
> I've been watching Alexander (@AlexanderGabriel) has been working hard the
> last 10 days to resurrect the SWIG/PHP work. See ticket
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/5252 and the pull request
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5623.
>
> Given the SWIG/PHP support is brand new and wouldn't have any backwards
> compatibility issues. So, do we include it and have one more beta?

This is a great effort and promising, but I see there is no Travis-CI and/or
AppVeyor tests yet for this. This is hard to tell consequently if it is
working now, and more critically, if it will still be working in the future.
We should really not merge features without corresponding tests ("untested
code is broken code")
The documentation http://mapserver.org/mapscript/php/index.html should also be
updated.
So I don't think this new feature is ready yet.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com