[mapserver-dev] Python MapScript on PyPI

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Tue Mar 27 13:56:01 PDT 2018

On mardi, 27 mars 2018 08.52:46 h CEST Seth G wrote:
> The ideal scenario would be to automatically build, test, and if test pass
> push new Python 2 and 3 MapScript Wheels to PyPI. Travis would be used for
> Linux and Appveyor for Windows. This would then allow "pip install
> mapscript" for Python 2 or 3.
> The MapServer binaries would need to be installed on the same machine, and
> PATH set to point to these for MapScript to work. I'm not sure how
> compatible MapScript would be on a Linux build - if anyone can provide
> details in this it would be useful. https://github.com/pypa/manylinux might
> help?
> On Windows we could test py2 and py3 against the x64 GISInternals MapServver
> builds and x32 ms4w builds.
>
> Seth

There's no that much real downstream
Fedora, openSUSE, gentoo, Mageia, Debian (then its derivative)

As upstream a recommended way where to install mapserv all the same
should be possible or at least not impossible.

I'm not that aware of the global process but an RFC (or issue) and call for
participate could be a start

What the other think about it ?

--

Bruno Friedmann