[mapserver-dev] SWIG Changes for 7.4

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 00:03:45 PDT 2019

> I can't build with C# or PHP, so I dunno, but I cant image it would
> cause problems. Does anyone know why the #ifdef's were added in the
> first place?  I've removed them and tested with perl just fine.
>
> I could add those changes to my pull request and have travis test it.  Should I?
>
> I'm aware of the spacing, but it was messed up a bit and I think it
> would be great to clean it up a little.
>
> -Andy

The changes were added via the commit at https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/10fe3d78c3f3a3e2cbc64ede7c091a60f11a4e22

At the same time a typemap was added to the Python MapScript bindings:

%typemap(out) hashTableObj*

I'd guess other languages would need to implement a similar typemap mapping hashTableObj to a dictionary-type class language equivalent.
I'd guess there is no harm in the change - and to add to Travis and see if all still builds successfully.

What happens in Perl if you run code like in the Python example in the commit?

 headers = mapscript.msIO_getAndStripStdoutBufferMimeHeaders()

Seth