[mapserver-dev] Dropping support for GDAL < 2 ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Aug 22 03:44:26 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'd like to propose to drop support for GDAL < 2 in master.

I'm currently adding a new mapfile keyword LAYER.OPENOPTION to be able to
specify open options to GDAL and OGR drivers, which is a new feature of GDAL
2. While I can conditionnalize that by testing the GDAL version, I see this
more as cluttering of the codebase than something really needed.

GDAL 2.0 was released in June 2015 and is available in the latest stable
versions of Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.

Travis-CI uses GDAL 2.2 (from UbuntuGIS)
gisinternals builds used by AppVeyor even ship with GDAL 3.1dev

Even

http://www.spatialys.com