[mapserver-dev] mapscript csharp and dotnet core on Linux

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 15:36:34 PST 2019

Hi Rui,

Having the C# bindings work on DotNet core/Linux would be a very useful feature in my view - congratulations on getting this far. I'm not not a huge user of the C# bindings (more Python), but worked with the code briefly as part of https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5583 to get them working on the newer versions of SWIG. There were ~1,500 errors due to missing namespaces (basically putting System. in front of lots of type declarations) - I see there are a few more in the pull request so no harm adding these. Several of the issues you address look like they can be fixed with checking the compiler/OS in CMake and adding IF statements.

If you have the time/inclination to try and tidy these changes up in to a pull request (or a few separate ones), I can try to review/test. To merge these we should probably try and build the C# bindings as part of the Travis CI (they are already built on Windows with Appveyor). For info there is a planned 7.4 release in late March or early April which has several MapScript updates (Python3, PHP7), so it may be possible to add this as a 7.4 feature.

Regards,

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk