[mapserver-dev] 7.4 Release on 5/14...

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed May 15 10:32:49 PDT 2019

I should also mention that I drafted a migration guide, which that
announcement page links to; if sprinters want to add to it please do!
(remember to use the docs branch-7-4 as Travis now builds the live site
from that branch).  Thanks!  https://mapserver.org/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html

-jeff

On 2019-05-15 2:27 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Steve, the docs have been updated.  In your announcement please point to
> the new announcement page, that includes the links to the changelog etc.
>   https://mapserver.org/development/announce/7-4.html
>
> Also, everyone should use the new default docs branch, "branch-7-4", for
> any changes or RFCs - bring 'em on ha!
>
> I also manually generated the docs PDF and uploaded it (well, for some
> reason the download link is not working yet, something to do with the
> new VM architecture I guess).  The PDF is now over 10MB in size and
> almost 900 pages!  I run a special command to make sure the pdf
> 'bookmarks' are included in the pdf, so people can quickly browse around
> our docs.
>
> Seth noticed that we should also generate the docs for the LiveDVD
> group, which I have and uploaded it there, I am just awaiting a sudo-er
> to run the 'cp' command on that machine ha. (I previously generated the
> docs there for the 7.0 and 7.2 release I remember).
>
> Enjoy the sprint and the fun!
>
> -jeff

Jeff McKenna
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/