[mapserver-dev] using master as default branch again

Yves Jacolin yves.jacolin at camptocamp.com
Fri May 17 00:03:22 PDT 2019

+1 this is really hard to understand custom workflow, specially when the
dev work on different projects :)

Y.
PS: I am not a developper so fell free to ignore my feedback!

Le ven. 17 mai 2019 à 01:14, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> a
écrit :

> No objections here.  Maybe if by end of tomorrow Tom we don't hear any
> negative feedback, we can change that end of tomorrow in the github
> settings.  -jeff
>

> On 2019-05-16 5:38 PM, Tom Kralidis wrote:
> > Hi all: as discussed at today's meeting, I tabled the idea of
> > making MapServer's default branch as master (instead of
> > the stable branch).  The value proposition here would be
> > to potentially lessen the burden of bug fixes across branches
> > as well as a more familiar workflow especially for new
> > developers to contribute.
> >
> > I know we used to have this setup in the past, and then moved
> > to the stable branch as the default branch, however it's a good
> > time to revisit and change given the above.
> >
> > Thoughts/comments?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > ..Tom

Yves Jacolin
Training and support manager - Team Manager
Camptocamp

Tel (France) : +33 4 58 48 20 43
Tel (Switzerland) : +41 21 619 10 43
Mob. : +33 6 18 75 42 21