[mapserver-dev] RFC 125: Support for CONNECTIONOPTIONS in mapfiles

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Tue Oct 1 07:55:52 PDT 2019

The point about validating options is a good one. Namespaces have worked ok for OGC configuration but I don't think they add much value here. Better to just be able to request *all* connection options and know that they are *just* connection options. I think that argues for DATAOPTIONS and PROCESSINGOPTIONS blocks as being available as part of 8.0.

For MapScript I was referring to keeping the API simple with fewer keywords (and dictionaries). The exiting hashObj methods would apply to these new dictionaries of course.

So, at least for me, +1 - carry on...

--Steve