[mapserver-dev] SVG symbols with modifiable parameters

Flavio Hendry flavio at tydac.ch
Tue Sep 10 23:09:50 PDT 2019

Hi Steve and Tamas

wow, what a timing, do you have some spy at our office? CIA? ...

We are just creating some symbol libraries this week and went for SVG
instead of fonts, as font editing programs are a bit quirky ... but
oops, we then realized that we were not able to assign a color ... my
five cents: it would help a lot to be able to assign one color to a
"monocolor" SVG, "monocolor" meaning just black and white and to be able
to assign a color to black. With multicolor SVG, such as for POIs I
don't not really see a sense in altering tons of colors ...

- samples monocolor: https://nodi.mapplus.ch/mono.png
- samples multicolor: https://nodi.mapplus.ch/pois.png

--
Mit freundlichem Gruss / Best regards
Flavio Hendry

TYDAC Inc.  - http://www.tydac.ch
Swiss Maps  - http://www.mapplus.ch
############      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind Regards
############     Flavio Hendry, CEO - mailto:flavio at tydac.ch
############         TYDAC AG - http://www.tydac.ch
####    ####        Geographic Information Solutions
####    ####       Optingenstrasse 27 -- CH-3013 Bern