[mapserver-dev] OGC API Update...

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Dec 16 05:49:45 PST 2020

Thanks Steve, here are some questions and thoughts:

HTML Support
------------

- could we potentially enhance the OGC API templates to include a map
preview/viewer, and distribute that in this new "share" directory, as
part of MapServer 8.0 ?  I think this would be very valuable to users.

Configuration
-------------

Would the "ows_" metadata namespace potentially also magically be
applied to the "oga_" metadata?

For example:  setting "ows_title" "Roads"     would enable "oga_title"
and "wfs_title"

MapScript
---------

I think this is an important section that is missing from the draft RFP.
  I think we should aim initially for this first release to support the
SWIG "OWSRequest" methods
(https://mapserver.org/mapscript/mapscript.html#owsrequest) so that
users can dynamically setup and modify OGC API services.

CGI/FastCGI Integration

Thoughts: I think the timing for this could be good, as this may trigger
a big move in the community to FastCGI for MapServer 8.0 (to support OGC
API, PROJ 7+, GDAL 3+)

Thanks,

-jeff