[mapserver-dev] OGC API Update...

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 09:48:28 PST 2020

Hi Jeff: Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

HTML Support - there are likely some opportunities. My impression is that a
collection(s) endpoint might have enough information to construct something
but I've not looked at it closely enough. We'd probably need to support the
Maps API and find a client Leaflet or OpenLayers that supports the
services. I've no idea what the status of those efforts are.

Configuration - yes. It will be explicit in the code depending on what API
endpoint matches up with the old-style services. So you'd have opa -> wms
or wfs -> ows in terms of name space priorities.

MapScript - I haven't looked into that interface at all and it's not an
area I've made use of myself. I'm sure something is possible but specific
ideas welcome in terms of integration would be most welcome.

CGI/FastCGI Integration - well, the big question is should this be a target
for 8.0 and if so, what's a minimum level support required. Tom was
recommending starting with Features and Core to start with.

--Steve