[mapserver-dev] WMS GetStyles by CLASS GROUP

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 10:36:52 PDT 2020

Thanks for that info Jukka.

So the GetStyles part of the WMS spec was simply to define a new keyword for the REQUEST operation, without any further details?

It is supported in MapServer for both WMS 1.1.1 (returning SLD 1.0.0) and WMS 1.3.0 (returning SLD 1.1.0).

Would you be for or against allowing a STYLES parameter to be added to a GetStyles request to limit the UserStyle returned in a SLD?

I hadn't considered trying to list available UserStyles in a DescribeLayer request.

My use-case is an OpenLayers client, that can read a MapServer WFS service and apply SLD via the MapServer WMS service for the same layer. When there are multiple UserStyles returned this currently fails, and would require some client-side parsing to get a single style. Having this available in MapServer would be a better solution in my view.

Regards,

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk