[mapserver-dev] SLD <Label> conformance in MapServer

jbo-ads jbo-ads at laposte.net
Wed Mar 18 04:19:40 PDT 2020

Hi,

As users around me start using SLD in MapServer, they find some issues.
One of them is related on how <Label> contents should be parsed. This
made me dig up issues #1737 and #1857
(https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/1857).

What puzzles me is how <Label>Lorem_Ipsum</Label> is currently handled:
MapServer interprets it as an attribute: "[Lorem_Ipsum]" in Mapfile
syntax, whereas one would expect, according to OGC spec, a plain text
string: "Lorem_Ipsum".

On one hand I would like to make changes to improve MapServer
conformance with respect to OGC specification. But on the other hand I
don't want to break existing configurations.

How should I address that?

Jérome.